More from my site
- 🇰🇷 I've got to have the 32cm ice cream whenever I'm in Myeongdong. . If you missed it, I have written a blog post on everything I ate on my trip to Seoul last week. Find the link in my profile! You'll find out where to get this and other cute eats in Seoul 🔝 . #myeongdong #icecream #icecreamking #32cmIceCream #32cm아이스크림 #🍦 #GirlEatSeoul #GirlEatWorld #seemorewithCTSG #KTOSingapore
- 🇰🇷🍦🐟 I'm back in #Seoul with @cheapticketssg ! We took a red eye flight from Singapore, landed early this morning and hit the ground running by having lunch at Myeongdong Kyoja followed by walking around Chonggyecheon stream, Gyeongbokgung and Insadong before crashing back at the hotel in Myeongdong. I spotted this fish shaped ice cream in Insadong. I've seen something similar while in Japan, but this version in Korea is different. I suppose it's a more modern take of Bungeo-ppang, which is a fish-shaped pastry that is usually stuffed with sweet red beans. The ice cream is very light, almost like a sorbet, and the inside is stuffed with Honey and Oreos (Too bad this part isn't visible!). The fish dough part is thin yet chewy and crispy on the outside. #Insadong is a super cool area – it is an art street that has a mix of traditional and modern culture of Korea. You can find antique shops, ceramic shops, tea houses and art galleries. In order to preserve the traditional culture, all storefronts here are written in Korean alphabet, including international shops like Starbucks. We're planning to check out Hongdae for some night life today. Any recommendations for cute eats or areas i must check out while in Seoul? Let me know! #KTOsingapore #seemorewithCTSG #GirlEatSeoul #GirlEatWorld #붕어빵
- Day 2 of Seoul with @cheapticketssg! 🇰🇷🔥 This is Korean Spicy Rice cake (ddukbokki) at the famous Myeongdong shopping street. This street is lined up with skincare stores and soooo many types of street food at night, from new types of food like tornado potato and 32cm ice creams to traditional comfort food. I felt like having something familiar tonight so I picked ddukbokki, which consist of rice cake and fishcake stir-fried in gochujang (korean chili paste). This spicy rice cake has always been one of my favorite korean snack since college, when I lived with two korean girls. They introduced me to korean food and we'd make random trips to k-town in LA. good times, eh @op.118 and @aquapoppie? #떡볶이 #GirlEatSeoul #GirlEatWorld #seemorewithCTSG #KTOSingapore
- 🇰🇷⚡️Thunder Bomb from @remicone at Garosu-gil from my trip to #Seoul with @cheapticketssg. I posted a teaser of this in my instagram story and immediately received messages from so many of you asking what this is and where to get one. So here goes! We crossed south of Han River to check out Gangnam and Garosu-gil. I loved this area. It feels like Omotesando in Tokyo with modern chic designer shops and cute creative eats like this one. I saw a picture of Thunder Bomb and I knew I had to try it. The gray "rain cloud" cotton candy tasted minty, the vanilla ice cream is topped with crackling pop rock candy that pops in your mouth (I guess that is the "bomb" part!) and it came with a white chocolate thunderbolt. Aside of Thunder Bomb, @remicone also has plenty other innovative, whimsical ice creams. You can even make your own with different toppings. Definitely a dessert worthy of instagram! #garosugil #icecream #creativedesserts #GirlEatSeoul #GirlEatWorld #seemorewithCTSG #KTOSingapore
- Ahhh Hong Kong Egg Waffle, we meet again… this time in Hongdae of #Seoul! long time followers of @girleatworld would know that I'm a huge fan of the egg waffle. I've featured it many times in Hong Kong, both in its traditional form and modern takes of it. This one from a stall in Hongdae is a pretty spectacular twist to the traditional snack. It came with an ice cream, two sticks of pepero, a rainbow marshmallow, cheerios and a drizzle of strawberry syrup. I love seeing traditional desserts get a face lift! #hongdae #eggwaffle #eggettes #icecream #creativedesserts #GirlEatSeoul #GirlEatWorld #seemorewithCTSG #KTOSingapore
- Today I visited one of my favorite places in Singapore, @leparksg, for probably the last time. I came to try their Milo Dino soft serve which I didn't know existed… even though I had been here many times! Milo is a chocolate malt drink that's very popular in Singapore, especially for kids, but also enjoyed by adults alike. You can find drink mixes made from of milo here, called Milo Dinosaur and Milo Godzilla, which mixes milo with condensed milk and adds undissolved milo powder on top. The latter adds ice cream in addition to the Milo Dinosaur. Lepark's take on it is to serve the milo-flavored ice cream with items that reminds you of childhood in Singapore (or most of south east asia for that matter) – such as khong guan biscuit, rainbow sprinkles and honey star cereal. Lepark is a play on the malay word "lepak" which means "to relax". I loved this place because it's an unexpected twist to the otherwise traditional People's Park Complex. To get to there, you have to take a dingy lift and then climb a few sets of stairs up to the roof top. When I brought my boyfriend here for the first time, we took an extra shady route using the cargo lift and dark creepy carpark stairs. He told me that if he didn't know me he would have turned around and ran. 😂 But we ended up loving this place so much that it became almost a routine to come here for a little after-work beer or weekend chill. Unfortunately the carpark is being sold and Lepark has been forced to close their doors at the end of this week. Thank you for all the fond memories, @leparksg. I'll always remember this space. #ShotoniPhone8plus #singapore #chinatown #milo #milodinosaur #milodino #icecream #🍦
No related posts.